Thursday, March 19, 2009

IHRSA - Trade Show Day 2

Well today was the 2nd day of the IHRSA show, in which it was the long day of the three days of this show. Today we got there at around 10:00am and again I had to make yet another trip to the back dock where the guys are getting to know me well. Usually you have to be accompanied by someone that works there but the guys back there just see me and say “you know where you are going” which is comical to me. But I had to get another video player out because one of the two TV’s was not on a constant loop like it should be so I got that resolved this morning.


I then got online before the show started to chat it up with Melanie for a little bit while everyone was huddled around the chairs talking about their evenings out and what we wanted to accomplish for the day.


A little bit into the show started we went to lunch; Josh, Dad and I and we watched sports and again while I was there I was chatting with Melanie again. We have been separated too long and I have to get online to chat with her when I can, just going to be that way. So anyways we ate lunch then we get back to the show and the guys decide to go off to visit some of the sights while I stayed back and work the booth.


We had a lot of potential come through the booth now whether any of it comes to actual sells only time will tell. I have some high hopes for some of these deals because it would be nice to recoup some of the costs of this show by making some sells. There was a little bit of foot traffic through the booth today over yesterday and tomorrow is going to probably be dead quiet. But anyways today we had some of our competitors come by to talk with us in general and a couple of them will be contacting me for some older parts for beds and what not.


Rob and I discussed some changes to some components/parts and we discussed the website and what I plan to do with our website that will be beneficial to his company as a whole in the long run. He was also curious about me making him a customized version of my video commercials that he can send out to customers so I will get with him later on that to work out something for him.


Today was our last day of Jerome being here before he fly’s back to China and Rob has an install to do so he will be leaving early tomorrow but will be in. So we said our good bye’s to Jerome at the end of the day and also to Rob.


Tonight instead of going back to the room we went straight to dinner at a place called the Jazz Kitchen which had fairly good food but lousy reception. I was talking to Melanie online and the phone service went from full service at 3G to searching to no service and then would not even go to Edge Service, it was very much a nuisance because I did not get to talk to her to say good night and I also did not get to have any forms of communications with her.


So this day is ending on a sad and sour note mainly cause I could not finish it up with talking to Melanie. And also my dress shoes have officially fallen apart, I think I need a size 13 ½ or 14 depending on what I have because they seem to have been beaten up inside by my feet and my feet seem to be scrunched into these shoes.


Well one more short day of the show to go, so we shall see how it turns out.


-- iBloggin' from iPhone... Don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment