Wednesday, March 18, 2009

IHRSA - Trade Show Day 1

Well kiddies today was the first day of the IHRSA trade show and convention. This day started out with us getting there about 2 hrs ahead of time and trying to finish set things up. I ran into some problems with video and audio. So I had to keep making trips to the back dock for access storage to get into our show crate. We finally got everything setup and ready to go for the show.


Dad and Josh went ahead and left to go to lunch while I stayed behind to help Thijs with monitoring the booth and talking to customers. I was given an incentive to sell stuff that was comical and cool at the same time and we shall see how this whole trade show plays out. I was going to wait around for Rob and Jerome to show up to help work the booth so I could go eat, well they both showed up late and everything so I never went to get anything to eat all day.


The day was fairly long and eventful to a point; there was X-Pole US here which had girls twirling up and down the pole doing different pole techniques which got A LOT of attention from the males and females. There was nearly everyone in work out cloths, spandex, etc which to a lot of people was a sight to see. We had a couple of ladies riding stationary bikes the entire time that were right across from where our booth was and our love seat and chairs and they would just peddle along and watch us.


After the show day, Thijs and I went over and looked at some of the competitors equipment and then we all kind of split up to go our own ways. Dad, Josh and I went back to the room so that we could get changed, wash up and get ready for dinner. This was a great opportunity for us to call mom (Janet) and then both dad and I got to talk to Melanie on the phone, dad's second time of talking to my darling girlfriend.


So after this was all done we went down and met Josh in the lobby and we went to a steak restaurant called John's Grill. Josh was really craving a steak and I could go for one also at this point. So we ate there then we ventured down to Coldstone Ice Cream and got some ice cream then also got some drinks and snacks from a local Walgreens. We ended up giving a few dollars away to some homeless individuals and heading back to our hotel.


Then we split up from Josh and dad and I went back to the room and spent a majority of the night watching a little bit of dancing with the stars and American idol but mainly talking about the day and of work as we always do. Another hot or long conversation we always have is about Melanie or whatever else I am doing.


So over all this day went well, again got to talk to Melanie some, throughout the day and got to meet up with some fellow colleagues from around the world. Seen some odd sights like the above photo of the sex swing and there was a lot of homeless people as shown below.


So till tomorrow, this is kind of all I have to say for this evening and hopefully tomorrow I have some more things to say.

-- iBloggin' from iPhone... Don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment