Friday, March 20, 2009

3rd and Final day of the IHRSA Show

Well everyone today was our final day of the IHRSA Trade Show and Convention. It was a rather slow day as the last day of every show seems to be. We have some potential leads from the entire show but won't know what will come of those leads till next week or further down the line this year.


Rob and Jerome were not here to work the booth today so that pretty much left Thijs and I alone to take care of all the customers that came into the booth. Josh and Dad were around to assist and watch the corners that we could not see very well.


We started tear down of the booth promptly at 2pm as we were instructed. We finished in about 6 hrs at 8pm but was still one of the last booths to complete their tear down. It was a long day in which I kind of wish we would just hire helpers to do the work and we can just show up for the show and leave after the show is over but that is not us, we are to involved.


We had to hire help again for the tear down of our walls portion inwhich they gave us two older gentleman that were better than the first two for setup but these two still were not up to our speed as for how fast and effecient we work. So after we got the walls done I went and signed them out.


On my way back to the booth I got to call my love Melanie and talked to her for few and so did dad as we switched phones so I could talk to mom and dad could talk to Melanie. She was having to go back into the hospital after being ready for bed, so i talked or messaged her up till nearly time for her to leave.


We then went off to Bucca di Beppo where we had dinner. In which the dinner we had was a small but let me tell you it was larger than anyone person can eat!


After dinner we walked back to the hotel with our left overs in hand in which we were looking for some homeless individuals that were down on their luck that we could give a nice meal. About half way back we seen 4-5 guys all huddling around their makeshift homes and Josh and I both gave our dinners to these guys and as we left more individuals came over for the feast. What we left would seriously feed 6-8 people or more. The guys were VERY happy and appreciative of our gesture and it made us feel good to help some of those down on their luck.


The internet connection again sucked from the Hotel Room so I have again ended up typing this on my phone. Let me tell you typing out lengthy emails on an iPhone is a pain in the ass!


Well tomorrow we fly out i am foing to try to sleep in a little bit then get up and hopefully get to talk to Melanie for a little bit before our flight leaves.


It has been rough on me to not be talking to her a large part of the day, so i am ready to get back home and back to normal! I am also glad that i did not go on a vacation this coming next week cause it would not have been an enjoyable trip.

-- iBloggin' from iPhone... Don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment