Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 1 of our San Francisco trip

Well boys and girls in my my 2nd blog I am sitting here in bed unable to sleep yet. We won't go into the details of why I cannot sleep but I will give you some insight for the past two weeks. The love of my life was in Nigeria so leading up to that, the week of that and now this week... We have not been able to talk much since the 5th of March so that makes it tough for me to get my normal good 4-5 hrs of sleep a night.


Anyways back to my trip, we left for the airport early and met up with Josh who is one of my co-workers. Let me Tell you this was one of my first times being in the new Indianapolis Airport and it is really nice, even though I am still against not have a security check point where us family or friends can go to the gate to see our family off or welcome them back as they get off the plane but that is out of my hands and I just have to live with it.


We had a lay over in Las Vegas and so we watched a part of the Purdue VA. Illinois game and then Josh and my dad decided to play the slots. Well after they both put in $5 Josh walked away with $1 and dad walked away with $60 ($55 but photo shows $60). And to top this off mom won $1,000 gambling today with her brother back in Indiana... Maybe I should have gambled since they see me as their lucky charm.... Hmmm


So then we fly into San Francisco and check into our hotel that we come to find out is over a good mile from our Moscone Center where we are going to be at for the bulk of this trip for a convention and trade show. We decided to walk it to see how bad it would be and to me it is not that bad mainly because I at times like to talk but if we are going to be lugging a bunch of stuff around we are going to get a cab!


So this day ended on a very good note, I got to talk to Melanie and received many good texts from her and a photo of our little man Garrett. Regardless of the day I will get at least a few good hours of sleep because of her :)


Till next time kiddies, stay cool or if at worst stay in school.


-- iBloggin' from iPhone... Don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment